Job Title: Apprentice CAD Technician
Salary: £10,000 – negotiable pending experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:30 – 17:00
Qualification: NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Technical Support (3 year course).
LEADA Engineering LTd design, manufacture, install and commission mechanical, electrical and ICA projects. LEADA have a strong background in the UK water industry, supporting Framework Partners over the last 15 years delivering innovative solutions and implementing technical solutions for our clients and customers.
The company has gained a first-class reputation in its field, providing project delivery, programme management and consultancy support, throughout all disciplines of engineering.
LEADA also manufacture our own products, with creative design engineering and innovative ideas, we have developed a range of products, manufacturing a range of Chemical Dosing Systems which we have brought to market.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for school/college leavers, who have an interest in mechanical design and engineering. You will be working on a range of projects; supporting designers, site engineers and the clients to deliver detailed designs, and a compliant solution.
Your focus will be to learn how to use AutoCAD Design software and Autodesk Inventor design package, to draw 2D and 3D mechanical designs.
This role will require you to:
- Work closely with project managers and the design team to product high standard drawings for projects including mechanical and electrical layouts, schematics and 3D projection drawings using AutoCAD and Inventor software.
- Effectively work towards milestones, contingency plans and manage risks in order to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- Take instruction and contribute ideas in a team environment.
- Carry out daily admin duties relating to your role, e.g. answering emails, communicating with the team and with clients when needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Grades A-C or 4-9 in English, Maths, ICT and Science.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- A strong interest in design and the engineering industry.
- Have a dedicated and hard working attitude.
Closing date: 1st August 2019
Interview date: 8th August 2019
Potential start date: 2nd September 2019